Saturday, January 24, 2009

"My" short story display case, and Janice Galloway, Tania Hershman and others...


Lee Rourke blogged yesterday about his book "Everyday" being sold in a branch of Waterstones. And he had the photo to prove it!

Yay! It's "my" short story display case.

Today Tania Hershman also blogged about it, because her fantastic collection The White Road and Other Stories is there too.

I love the fact that I get to maintain a short story section in the shop. I change it often, try to keep it fresh and enticing, but I always keep Janice Galloway's collection "Where you find it" in there. You may or may not recall me blogging about how much I LOVE this book here and here. I am delighted to say that we have now sold 50 copies. How cool is that!

I also keep Sylvia Plath's "Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams" there, because, well, it's Sylvia.

You will currently find Tania Hershman, Lee Rourke, Claire Wigfall, William Trevor, Charles Bukowski, Katherine Mansfield, Richard Yates, Miranda July, Vanessa Gebbie, Ali Smith, Alison MacLeod, Neil Smith, Tao Lin, Sara Maitland, Jhumpa Lahri and Jay McInerney in the case. We have sold out of Lorrie Moore for now.

Short stories are coooool.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!

Nik Perring said...

"Short stories are coooool."

Yes they are!

Nik :)

Tania Hershman said...

Sara is coooooooooool! We love her :)

Anonymous said...

Sara, came to your blog from Tania H's. Thanks for all your brilliant support of our 2008 Anthology- and you're still displaying it alongside all those other wonderful works!
You're a star!

pierre l said...

I just had another look at the picture and noticed that some of the books have these hand written mini reviews; I definitely need another trip to Brighton.
Congratulations on the lovely and successful display.

Rachel said...

I wish I could visit your short story display. I would tell the management how awesome you are - tell them you deserve a raise. Sylvia rocks. :D

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly