Wednesday, July 10, 2013

New flash up at The Ilanot Review


I like the Editor's note for The Ilanot Review's summer edition. They asked for submissions for a "hybrid" issue and wanted something different - work that "rejected labels." The journal is packed with good words from super smart writers like Elaine Chiew, Sarah Hilary, Jonathan Pinnock, Angela Readman and Nuala Ni Chonchuir. It's pretty damn cool to be appearing in a journal alongside them. I'm pleased with my piece, Immalore. At the risk of sounding like a twat, it's kinda personal, but ambiguous too, and probably the closest I get to poetry.



1 comments:

Rachel Fenton said...

It's a beautifully painful and intriguing piece, Sara. It made me think of people who hug my kids in that way. I wish I could reduce them to a few words of alchemy, put them in a review and forget about them.

I read the whole issue and really enjoyed the way the works sparked off each other.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly