Monday, April 27, 2009

Les Murray reading and discussing his work!

Whoooo hooooo!

Very happy to say that Les Murray ("Australia's greatest living poet" and my personal favourite) is going to be reading and discussing his poetry in a rare and brief visit to the U.K. He will be at Goldsmith's University at 6 p.m on 6th May. More details here. Astonishingly this is a FREE event. Free, as in you need pay zero money!

I will be going for sure. I saw him at the Southbank about 11 years ago. I was incredibly moved by his poetry, and hearing him was a privilege. Each poem was made crystal clear by his reading, and it is one of my treasured memories. I sound ultra gushy I know, but really I found it remarkable.

Anyone interested in going can contact Ben Pester at Goldsmith's or leave a comment here and I'll pass on your interest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly